Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ambiance Congo: November 4, 2012

WELCOME to Ambiance Congo!
This is your English language Congolese radio program. It is presented live from Richmond, Virginia every other Sunday on WRIR 97.3 FM and on the web at www.wrir.org , 3:00-5:00 PM Eastern time USA. Your comments and requests are always appreciated!
Todays edition presents another compilation of Congolese music from the 60s to today's newest CDs.
Enjoy!
Here are a few album covers.





The program is available:
http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/series/Ambiance+Congo
Forthe next  two weeks, it's also available to download with track list:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJhNU1FNkc4aU94djhUQw
This is the track list.

PART A
1)King Kester Emeneya & Victoria Eleison Dream Team Dream Band
sebene from DORIS ILOKO (this program’s theme song)
from the CD PAS DE CONTACT
Black Music

2)Savanet Depitcho
LIBERER SHENGEN
from the CD PROJECTEUR
Savanet Depitcho production

3)La Nouvelle Generation de La Republique Democratique
MATABISI
from the CD STATION RADAR
Esselta

4) King Kester Emeneya & Victoria Eleison Dream Team Dream Band
KIMPIABI BALA
from the CD LONGUE HISTOIRE 2
Calbass Productions

5)Alain Alino Star
ETIENNE MUNDELE
from the CD DROIT DE SOL
Rigo Makengo Productions

6)Koffi Olomide
MANNEQUIN
from the CD TCHA TCHO
Sterns Africa

7)Djouna Big-One
ONZE-ONZE
from the CD TONNERRE DE BREST
Advantages Productions

8)Dilu Dulumona & Empire Bakuba
FONGO *
from the CD TOUR DE BABEL
Sonima Music

9)Orchestre Rumba Ray de Maray-Maray
DADIA
from the LP ORCHESTRE RUMBA RAY DE MARAY-MARAY
P-Vine/Pili-Pili

PART B
10)Djo Nolo
RIVIENS CHERIE
from the CD NAZARET ALIGATOH (MERCI)
Production Grand Samurai

11)Lassa “L’Acolyte” Pembele
PRIERE DU SOIR
from the CD INFLUENCE
Diego Music

12)Le Grand Patriarche Vickyris
OMERITE
from the CD RIEN NE SERT DE COURIR
Efitel Production

13)Nkounkou D’Oliveira
BA YINAKA NGAI
from the LP AFRO RYTHMES PRESENTE OLIVEIRA NKOUNKOU
Afro Rythmes

14)Kintweni Sukisa
MONZUMA
from the LP KINTWENI SUKISA
Pathe Marconi/EMI

15)Los Nickelos
YOUYOU
from the LP MERVEILLES DU PASSE: LOS NICKELOS
African
 
16)Les Bantous de La Capitale
OSALA NGAI NINI?
from the 45 RPM single
Beau-Saccot Sound

*= by request

8 comments:

  1. An overload of great stuff this week, David.
    The new tracks from Savanet Depitcho and Lassa L'Acolyte sounded really good - though the latter looks a tad sinister on the CD cover. Also, I can't believe that you're still able to debut ancient LPs like ORCHESTRE RUMBA RAY DE MARAY-MARAY. The track off that one is a scorcher - why hasn't that seen airplay before now and how many unplayed LPs are left in the vault?
    Was it a first outing for the Djo Nolo LP as well? Magnificent.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again I'm glad that you liked the program, Dave, and that you have posted such supportive commentary.
    Lassa's disc is dedicated to the "sole source of my inspirations and endeavors, Jesus Christ" so I don't think he intended to look sinister LOL.
    I don't know how many albums or discs I have that I have yet to premiere on the program. I used to present the show on another station beginning about 15 years ago. I may have played a number of these "ancient" recordings back then. I mark the tracks off when I play them as I try not to play the same track twice except by request. After all these years a lot of tags on almost all of my older albums are all marked off, but I cannot recall when I played them so I just don't play them unless, for some reason, I check the Audio Archives and don't find them listed there. So it is for the Djo Nolo CD and Rumba Ray LP.
    I'm sure there are albums I've never played on air...a whole lot of 80s soukous Paris-style for example. I don't know why I bought so much of that back then. It all sounds alike to me now. I should probably go mine it for the great tracks I've forgotten that are surely in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Dave, don't you love the Rumba Ray sleeve where photo merges with cartoon? Extremely cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't noticed Maray Maray's cartoon feet, I just thought he'd been over-zealous brushing his shoes.
    As for venturing into a Soukous mine, you're a braver man than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent DJ Daudi could change these albums between the two

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ricardo.
    Not sure what you mean about the change, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for a fantastic show. Regards, Apurva from Pune, India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you enjoyed it, Apurva. It's always good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete