Friday, February 22, 2008

Klay dans ETUMBU

I remember the first time I heard this album. It was in the early 80s. When I walked into the African Music Gallery in Washington, DC this LP was on the turntable and the volume was pushed to the maximum.
The album was brand new and it was the hottest record in the shop. I wish to this day that I had bought 3 or 4 copies to give as gifts! It's a record I still play often, one of those timeless jams that never grows old.
Why? Judge for yourself! Follow this link to hear "L'AMOUR C'EST DIVIN", my favorite song on one of my favorite records.
http://media.putfile.com/Klay---LAMOUR-CEST-DIVIN

"L'amour est quelque chose qui nous vient de Dieu; n'en abusons pas"
KLAY

Check out the lineup on this LP.
Vocals: Klay, Makolin, Joly Mubiala
Guitars: Petit Poisson, Popolipo, Jimmy Yaba, Felly Eloko
Bass: Bapius, Felly Eloko
Synthesizer: Jose Piano-Piano
Tumba, Percussion, Animation: Manzeku, Nono
Mixed by Lita Bembo & Felly Eloko

No comments:

Post a Comment